Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Author

I have had a secret wish for many years to be an author. Both my girls have the same dream. They say that avid readers make great authors so we all qualify on that point. I guess that blogging is kind of like being an author, with no editors , deadlines or PAY. I know that Annie Lamott says you write because you can't not write. I see ideas unfold in my head and have to put them down.
Did you know that Jesus was a author. I am not referring to the Bible, though that it true, but to our faith. The writer of Hebrews calls Jesus the author and perfector of our faith. The word author means inventor, maker, originator. Faith began with Him. He is the object of our faith, too. And it is not misplaced since He is faithful( full of faith). Oh that he may find me faithful too.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the line that says that not even oceans of ink would not be enough to write all that Jesus did while here on earth. If that is true, imagine how inadequate the ink supply would be if you were to try and capture all he did in heaven!! :)

    ~ R ~

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...and it says I suppose the earth itself would not be large enough to contain all the books that could be written. i love that verse above all others... and it is the only one i am aware of in the scriptures that is phrased as a speculation, rather than as a definitive Word.

    we are all his creatures, formed by the Word he spoke at creation, his authorship is our birthright, our inheritance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home