Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lost

Today I was in a panic over my lost glasses. I knew they had to be somewhere. But where? I can't read anything without them and distance is getting more and more difficult. So I looked in all the logical places, to no avail. Then I looked in the illogical places with the same result. I was growing increasingly grumpy. This had all upset my morning breakfast and perusing of the paper. Jon was calmingly eating and reading and that did not improve my mood, either.
Finally he said" Want help?"
Now that was the rub, I did, since I wanted them. But I didn't since I wanted to be the one that found them, saving face. But I gave in and let him look, telling myself he wouldn't find them if I hadn't.
As luck would have it, he found them and said,
" Well why did you put them on the floor?"
I just humphed or whatever you would call it and took them. After I had some breakfast under my belt, I said thanks and all that.
Now, I wonder if I am losing my mind? I know that I did not put them on the floor by the bed. Who would? Especially since they are so important. So the mystery remains. But I am so glad to have my 'eyes 'back.
Jesus talked about lost things in Luke 15. Three lost things. A lost sheep, a lost coin and a lost son. In the first two cases the person searching ,did so diligently until they found what was lost and then threw a party to rejoice.
In the third case, the Father was watching each day for his son but waited for him to come to him. How he must have longed and grieved at the loss. Like the other two, he threw a party when the son was found.
Each person in the stories is like God, looking for us, searching for us, longing for us to be found by Him. He longs for us to be with him 24/7 but like the lost son, it is up to us to come to him. He is waiting.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's "hrumphed" i think. and for me, it is imparative that someone else find my glasses when i lose them because i am invariably contact-less and therefore unable to see anything smaller than King Kong without them.

    - Deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home