Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I don't understand

As I watch the devastation from Hurricane Katrina I have more questions than answers. Why do they have a city built below sea level? Why did they not allow planes to fly out on Sunday from New Orleans? Why did so many stay when they should have gone? How will they ever get all that water out? Will there be enough people to rescue those still waiting. How will they transport them out of there- 1.5 million people?
There is a bigger question. If God is Sovereign, and He is, why did He allow this? God ,is this the way you treat your children? I thought you cared about them. Even Moses weighted in on this in his day.
" Lord, why have you brought trouble upon this people? Is this why you sent me?"
Satan would love to use the pain of tragedy to make us feel victimized by God. Let me assure that God can be trusted, even when he can't be tracked. When you can't see his plan, trust his heart.
Most of us have too small an image of God. If we truly understood His majesty and the depth of his love, we would accept those times when he defies human logic, like now.
I read a comment by Dr. Dobson that I close with:
Store away your questions in a box marked " Things I don't understand" and leave them there and be thankful that God does what is best for us whether or not it conforms to our wishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home