Mother Mary Says

Monday, August 29, 2005

Another pest!

Last night Jon went to the cupboard to eat one of the sweet rolls he had purchased the day before. The next thing I knew he was shrieking.
Now what, I wondered. Can't be a 'star' in the house. So what?
His lovely, as yet uneaten sweet rolls, were covered with a zillion black ants. Yuck! So out to the trash they had to go.
Then this morning I was reading in the book of Proverbs and came to this verse:
" Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise."
So I decided to look up a few facts about ants.
Except for the queen ant, they are workers who look for food, look after the young and defend the nest. When they find a good food source, they leave a trail of scent for others can find it.
Now, I know that the verse as talking about being busy and not lazy. But with the facts I just mentioned about ants, I see another parallel.
I , as God's child, go to Him for food each day. I then love to leave a trail so others can find it too. In fact, that is one of the purposes of this blog. So I will continue to heed King Solomon's advice to consider the ways of the ant.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good heavens -- will the horrors never end -- it's starting to sound like the plague's going on over there!!!! ~R~

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you won't go wrong with that advice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home