Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Half full or half empty?

Today's trip to the lab for blood work prompted this post. It wasn't the trip exactly as it was the gal in the waiting room. She was talking loudly about how awful this insurance is and how you are just a number, etc. I was reading my book and minding my own business but not Jon.
He nudged me to pay attention. He said, 'We really like this insurance."
She countered with," I don't have one good thing to say , not one good experience."
Again he nudged me. Guess I am supposed to speak up." We have been with them quite awhile and even through surgery and they have taken good care of us."
"Well, they are impersonal and just see you as a number. If I had a choice, I would go back to Sutter Gould"
" I have heard horror stories from there too." I added.
On she went about the government, wanted socialized medicine, thought we were worst than a third world country, etc, etc,etc.
Jon had had enough and we got up and moved.
The last act of this lady's trip was the funniest. After she was done, she returned to the receptionist and said," You don't even know my name. "
To which the receptionist replied"You are ___________!"
On the way home we talked about people like her who are so negative. I heard the word hypervigilant once and think it applies here. She was so sure someone was going to rip her off or treat her unfair that she is looking for it to happen around every corner.
The reminds me of the joke about two kids put into a room, one at a time. The room only had a big pile of horse manure and a shovel. The first child cried the whole time wanting someone to let him out. The second one discovered the shovel and began to dig furiously. "There must be a pony in here somewhere!"
That lady sees life one half empty. What a shame.
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the Lord has done.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know someone just like her. It's a shame and a waste of time. So much can be lost with such a negative outlook.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm working on my list this morning ... and yes, I included the humpless camel at the top of my list!! :)

    LOVE YOU MOM ~R~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home