Mother Mary Says

Friday, September 09, 2005

Failure

Well, I have to tell you the truth. I hate failure- that is, in ME. Here is what brought about that revelation. Ever since we converted to DSL, we have had an email problem if we go to a website and try to email it to someone. Why I have been selected to be the computer wizard is beyond me. I guess that is so that errors will be my fault. I don't know for sure. Anyway, this has been a minor problem ( as far as I was concerned) that I have ignored for the last 2 months.
Yesterday Jon tried to email someone from a website and it would not go through. So 'rummel tech support' was called in-ME. I discovered a program that was included that was the problem, or so I thought. I did not want to sign up and pay for it, so I successfully removed it. Did that fix the problem, I know you are asking.?Answer- NO. I just let it go, hoping it would fix itself overnight.
Today I had my Mammogram, where they make a cup into a saucer and a saucer into a napkin. I returned home to have breakfast and read the paper. Jon still needed to email this person from their website so I found myself at the computer again. UHG!
I read once that you should to the' feared things first'. Fine for them to say. I did not want to be responsible for this repair now or ever. Why did I resist? Because the truth about my failure in this area would be revealed glaringly. And as I said at the beginning, I hate my failures.
To make a long story shorter, I called SBC and a really nice guy walked me through the steps to fix the problem. Success is sweet. Guess there is something to doing feared things first- makes the rest of your day seem 'free'. As my Mother in law would have said now there is nothing 'hanging over my head'.
In my post lunch moments, I thought again about the place of failure in my life. God uses it to reveal my need of total dependence on Him. It brings me to the end of myself. It is also one of the things He uses to conform me to Christ. The less there is of 'self', the more room there is for Him to dwell with His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness gentleness and self control. That means that more of my character is reflecting Jesus. I am becoming more and more the woman God created me to be- with my unique personality.
Now I would not go so far as to say,' bring it on, problems and failure', but I will have a better perspective the next time. I hope!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mary, it's a blessing to read your blog...

    Dearest M.

    Great Post!!!! (again)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home