Mother Mary Says

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dead or alive?

I have sure not felt well today. Tired, wimpy and pain ridden. Not much good for anything.
Then I read about the Pastor who actually said this at the funeral he was doing:
'This Corpse has been a member of my congregation for ten years.'
Or take the comment of the little girl to her parents about the service:
I really can't remember much he preached but I think his text was "Many are cold but few are frozen".
Both comments remind me that often we need to give ourselves a little check up. Paul says that you are to "examine yourself to see if you are in the faith." I sure don't want to be a corpse in my congregation for the next ten years. I want Jesus to send the life-giving Spirit to revive me, physically and spiritually. All the divine energy of God flows from Him to God's children, including this daughter. So come Holy Spirit and revive me. I sure need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home