Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Running after

Yesterday we took in the Galt market, kind of a combination of retail goods and flea market. We saw all kinds of things for sale, like underwear 5x$10.00.( real quality!) We saw lots a silk flowers, wood signs and furniture, paintings, clothing, tshirts and boy were there lots of sox booths. Of course I had to have a bag of popcorn.
We bought some blooming plants and finally headed for the car. I had so wanted a fuschia but never saw one, until a lady walked by with three! I chased after her and tripped over a stroller to get to her. I taped her on the shoulder only to discover she did not speak English. I was not closer to finding out where she got those lovely fuschias.
I was so disappointed. I had really wanted one and had not worried about running after the lady or tripping or appearing funny.
Today as I was watering my new hanging lobeila and pink 'sun pleasure'hanging petunia, I thought about how silly it was to pursue that lady so wanting what she had. Oh that I would pursue God with such abandon!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah Mary, that is so cute. Sounds like Debe in a stationary store. You know she probably brawls with 'em at the mark down table!!! I have to take a picture of my fuscia! It's incredable!

    Oh, you really should post pictures of your garden on your blog!

    M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home