Mother Mary Says

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rescue

A couple of Saturdays ago Jon and I had to go to Petsmart to get Buddy’s expensive food with avocado for his coat. When we arrived, they had a German Shepherd rescue display out front.
‘Let’s just go look’, I said.
“ OK ,but remember you can not have another dog. The one you have now is aging and needs lots of care .”
“ I’m just going to look. They are so beautiful”.
To be honest, if I did not have Buddy, I would have come home with a new dog. Each one was so lovely and needed a loving home, ME!
I read their names and wondered what had brought them to this place in their lives that they have been given up or abandoned by their previous owners. Who could give away such incredibly handsome dogs???
I finally had to tear myself away and go into the store to get the dog food I had come for. But, in the tradition of my family who all cry easily, I wept as I walked through the store.
“ I hope that no one talks to me”, I said to Jon. Sniff, sniff.
On the way out to my car, I glanced that way again but had to hurry , lest I break out into full blown sobbing.
Jon was anxious to get me home, dog less, since our daughter had rescued dear Bob last year from the pet store and Jon was afraid I was about to follow suit.
A couple of days later I came across a passage in the New Testament that says that God rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and brought us home to the kingdom of his dear Son, Jesus. I guess that God wept over us and could not leave us where we were, with no one to care for us and defend us . His was the giant rescue that was priceless in cost. But not free. It cost the life of Jesus. Imagine God wanting what the world had abandoned and being willing to pay the highest price.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are you coming back here?

    Matthew

     

Post a Comment

<< Home