Mother Mary Says

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Self righteous

I was at my self-righteous worst today. The event? I was watering in the backyard, tenderly talking to my plants, when all of a sudden, the water pressure dropped to almost nothing. I just figured that it was the washing machine. Just then the sprinklers popped up in the little stretch of actual flower bed and I realized that that was the cause of the decrease of pressure.
Now, if they were on a timer, it would be no big deal. But they are NOT. No siree, my hero had just turned them on WHILE I was watering!!!! I stopped my watering and headed in the house until the sprinklers were turned OFF by my hero.
Under my breath I muttered,' Couldn't he see that I was watering???' Then I heard the Spirit say to me,'Haven't you ever turned on the tap in the kitchen while Jon is in the shower, not realizing or meaning to decrease his shower pleasure?' UGH. The Holy Spirit was right. I hate being self-righteous when I know that I am not without sin either. No stone throwing for me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home