Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Rescue on the way

Rescue - to remove from imminent danger by swift or vigorous action.
Jon is known as a rescuer. He rescued our dog from certain death at the pound by bringing him home to a happy place. One more day and his life would have been over as the dog catcher was coming in the morning.
He rescued Debe time and time again from transportation crises.
He has rescued me from myself more times than I care to mention. I can get 'beside myself' with stress or frustration . I occasionally seem on the way off the diving board into the deep end emotionally. He gives me a reality check and saves the day.
But his latest rescue was my coleus . I brought a six pak and planted them in a pot. I love their variety of color and texture. My plan was to bring them in each night so that the snails would not eat them down to nubs in the night, ignoring their beauty.
Well, the other night, I forgot to bring them in until I was already in bed. Jon dashed outside and grabbed the pot. He carried to the center of the yard to make sure that there were no snails or slugs already eating. And wouldn't you know- there were two snails climbing up the pot! As he shifted the pot to one hand to dethrone the enemies, the pot slipped and dumped the contents on the cement. There he was, in his underwear, with the wind whipping around him, replanted the coleus tenderly. What a man.
Jesus likewise came to rescue us from the enemy of our soul who wants to chew us up and spit us out. He, the Lord of Glory, came Himself, as a helpless baby, with the constraints of time and space. He did all that for us. He is truly unique beyond compare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home